N.B: All pictures posted here have been taken during my trip to Israel in April 2017. They ARE subject to copyright, so please kindly ask me prior any use. Thank you.
Remembering Yerushalayim: yes, it is a Jewish thing!
A few days ago, people were celebrating “Yom Yerushalayim” in reference to the reunification of Jerusalem that occured in 1967. Yom Yerushalayim is a national holiday that starts on the 28th day of Hebrew month Iyyar.
אִם-אֶשְׁכָּחֵךְ יְרוּשָׁלִָם– תִּשְׁכַּח יְמִינִי.
תִּדְבַּק-לְשׁוֹנִי, לְחִכִּי– אִם-לֹא אֶזְכְּרֵכִי
אִם-לֹא אַעֲלֶה, אֶת-יְרוּשָׁלִַם– עַל, רֹאשׁ שִׂמְחָתִי.
Psalm 137: 5-6
If I forget you, O Jerusalem,
let my right hand forget its skill!
6 Let my tongue stick to the roof of my mouth,
if I do not remember you,
if I do not set Jerusalem
above my highest joy!
“Every male must appear in the presence of the LORD your God three times a year at the place where he will choose: for the Festival of Unleavened Bread, the Festival of Seven Weeks, and the Festival of Tents.”
Have you noticed that the name Jerusalem, Yerushalayim, is recurrent in the Bible? Did you know that it actually gets 638 mentions?
As a matter of fact: JERUSALEM IS CENTRAL TO JUDAISM.
Starting with the binding of Yitzhak (Isaac) on Mount Moriah: the location of Mount Moriah matches precisely the Temple Mount.
Very often, Scriptures are distorted by unbelievers in order to prove that the God of Israel is “cruel”, because He prescribed Yitzhak’s binding.
Actually Abraham did not lie to Yitzhak when he said : ” HaShem will offer Himself the lamb for burnt offering”. It is a true statement of faith. HaShem knew. Abraham knew. Yitzhak was not meant to be sacrificed in a bloody offering. The binding of Yitzhak is a symbol of recovery. The ram took his place in the same way Yeshua took our place for the punishment we all deserved. HaShem provided for the sacrifice. In the same way, HaShem also provides in our lives in His immense compassion.
At the beginning of Genesis 22, the Torah uses the expression ” eretz Moriah”, the land of Moriah. But we truly learn from verse 14 ( below) that this place is a mountain unlike any other: it is the mount where HaShem provides ( some translations render by “the mount where HaShem is seen”).
וַיִּקְרָא אַבְרָהָם שֵׁם-הַמָּקוֹם הַהוּא, יְהוָה יִרְאֶה, אֲשֶׁר יֵאָמֵר הַיּוֹם, בְּהַר יְהוָה יֵרָאֶה
So Abraham called that place “the Lord will provide” as it is said to this day, “On the mount of the Lord it shall be provided.” Genesis 22:14
Not only will the following resource make you understand that the location of Mount Moriah is in Jerusalem, it will also allow you to perceive the obvious connection with our Messiah’s crucifixion.
King David’s conquest of Yerushalayim
This photo shows the most ancient Jewish Cemetery of Jerusalem
Each time international organizations and some Arab nations step up to deny Jerusalem’s Jewish sovereignty, the irony is that archeological findings will prove them to be blatant LIARS.
The Tel Dan inscription confirms the very historical existence of King David. There is some clear mention of the “House of David” on the stone that was discovered in 1993.
The Book of Samuel and the Book of Chronicles in the Bible provide us with details about King David’s conquest of Jerusalem.
While skeptics would always try to contradict biblical stories, archeology confirms many parts of Israel’s history and thus, Bible reports. The discovery of 3000 year old mines of King Solomon, for instance, is of capital importance.
It is obvious ( and confirmed by archelogists and scientists) that there is at least a 3000 year old Jewish presence in Jerusalem.
This speaks volumes in regards of the attitude of ignorant and fanatic people who arrogantly deny any Jewish link in Jerusalem, especially on the Temple Mount that used to be the Beth hamikdash, the Temple, where all Israeli Jews went on pilgrimage 3 times a year.
There are several points to understand:
- Jerusalem is CENTRAL to Judaism; it is THE holy site for ALL Jews ( also Messianic Jews). This specific and strong link to Jerusalem only exists in Judaism.
- The soil of Eretz Israel is Jewish people’s promised land: no hater will change HaShem’s decree.
- ALL replacement theologies, whether they emerge from Christianity or Islam, are CRIMINAL and based on FALSE TEACHINGS.
- A Gentile believer will be grafted into the Alliance of HaShem. If he is not, and if he has no link with Israel, he does not belong to the Messiah of Israel either. Like it or not, this is the very truth.
- Since the ancient times, Israel had to fight for its survival. Anybody who denies Israel its right to self-defense is an enemy of the Lord.
- The Bible, history, archeology and science prove that Israel is Jewish people’s heritage. So, if some people base their assumption on one fairy tale of Mohamed ascending to Jerusalem on a horse and zero Quran references about Jerusalem, to steal the Jews their heritage, I’d call these people by the names they deserve; liars and murderers.
- Our Messiah will come back at the Mount of Olives and will bring deliverance to His people. Like it or not, Yeshua is an Israeli Jew, the King of the Jews and a teacher of Torah.
To the Jewish diaspora, the committment to Yerushalayim always made sense. The expression ” next year in Jerusalem” is linked with the Hagada of Pessach and carries a strong meaning of hope and redemption.
Jerusalem, Yerushalayim, is and will remain Israel’s eternal Capital, not because men decided so, but HaShem.
Copyright© by Isabelle Esling